Health Coach - Health Coaching Job Description
Health Coach wanted to assist our clients in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits. The position will work closely with our clients and their employees in promoting wellness and helping individuals realize their personal best. Our Health Coach will be responsible for developing a wellness coaching relationship with clients and assisting the client through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
Health Coach - Health Coaching Responsibilities (Partial List)
- The Health Coach will be responsible for contacting participants that are eligible for the program for enrollment and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Responsible for supporting operational aspects of the division to meet the organization's customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Develop and conduct onsite health-related wellness seminars and training courses for interested employees and family members
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified employees and family members
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action
- Coordinate Care with other health-related vendors for optimal patient care
Health Coach - Health Coaching Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor's degree or higher in health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, other health related field or counseling and two years of experience as a wellness coach. Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, pre-post natal care, stress reduction and chronic conditions and certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
Health Coach - Health Coaching Critical Success Factors
To be successful a Health Coach must have well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Self-Confidence – A Health Coach can diplomatically express views that may be unpopular.
- Self-Control – A Health Coach is composed, positive, and focused under pressure
- Conscientiousness– A Health Coach is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
- Innovation – A Health Coach is open to new ideas, approaches and information.
- Achievement Drive – A Health Coach constantly strives to improve standards of excellence
- Commitment– A Health Coach makes sacrifices to meet goals and believes in core values
- Initiative – A Health Coach pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them
- Optimism – A Health Coach is persistent despite obstacles and expects success, not failure.
- Understanding – A Health Coach senses others feelings / perspectives, takes interest them.
- Service Orientation – A Health Coach anticipates, recognizes and meets customer needs.
- Influence – A Health Coach can effectively persuade others.
- Communication – A Health Coach deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
- Conflict Management- A Health Coach is diplomatic, tactful and able to calm tense situations.
- Collaboration and Cooperation – A Health Coach is shares plans, information and resources.
The statements above describe the general requirements of the Health Coach job but are not intended as an all-inclusive listing of duties that may be required of the individual in this position from time to time.
Click the following ling to download a copy of the Health Coach - Health Coaching Jobs Description